Saturday, February 16, 2013

REVIEW: A Sanitarium Worth Checking Out




4/5  Amazon Stars

This issue of Sanitarium explores the very definition of horror, with stories that analyze our anxious misgivings and our sense of terror when faced with the unknown. Within this magazine, you'll find ordinary people struggle against zombies, witchcraft, ghosts, and madness. There are some other surprises in store that proved quite entertaining, and shocking.

I think the magazine's format is effective. An interesting author interview, some product information, and advice for writers made it a more complete magazine. I think it would be nice to see Sanitarium include a section where classic horror novels are discussed or reviewed; as the magazine grows and expands, I think more content would really strengthen its presence in the market.

For the most part, the writing is clean and the editing is strong, but I thought a couple stories could have used further revision. There is one glaring typo and some minor ones along the way but for the most part, there is nothing to distract readers from exploring the horror that lurks within the pages of Sanitarium.

There were a couple of stories that really stood out to me; there is plenty of talent and creativity within this issue of Sanitarium. I believe this press has a lot of potential, and I believe there are some writers in this issue who I expect to read again.


No comments :

Post a Comment